Monday, June 2, 2008

21st Century Learning

The rate of speed that technology is growing is very can seem very overwhelming. Just thinking of the time spent doing research when I was in high school and college, and the access to materials and technology as available today online almost seems like the difference between night and day. I feel that I have left the "dark ages" of education and moved into some new "sci-fi" realm. As an educator, I'm excited about the possibilities available, but scared at the same time. Sometimes I feel that If I don't move, I am going to get left in the dust. Frankly, I don't know if I can actually keep up. Can you teach an "old dog new tricks?"

1 comment:

Katie Morrow said...

Just by being willing to try you will be surprised how much you learn! We have to be willing to "let go" a little as educators and know we'll never know everything. That is hard when we are used to the traditional view that the teacher "always knows best!" Thanks for being willing to try to 'learn new tricks!' I'm sure you'll do just fine.